With the recent news that Sainsbury’s is to make content a central pillar in its marketing strategy, we have decided to give you 5 reasons why utilising your web content could directly increase your sales for your business.
Content Marketing has become one the fastest growing marketing strategies in recent times and can be defined as providing information of value to potential customers. This information can be delivered via a range of mediums (Blogs, Social Media, Podcasts, and Videos) and is designed to advise, inform and entertain the customer; not to sell. This may sound contradictory, as we are looking to increase sales, via the process of giving content out for free, but it’s the act of this notion which leads us to the 5 reasons to utilise your web content:
1. Providing valuable content to potential customers highlights your expertise in your field, and also starts to build up a reputation of honesty for your brand. If the potential customer uses your advice and it pays off, your company will be who they turn to first if they ever need a paid for service.
2. By providing the option to share your web content via Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, you are also broadening your potential reach. For example, if a potential customer shares your blog post to his 400 Facebook friends, and one of his friends shares it to his 720 friends, you have reached out to 1,120 potential new customers who you wouldn’t have contacted before – a great use of free advertising which has the potential to increase sales.
3. If your content is of interest to the general public then you could also gain publicity from it being newsworthy. Having your local newspaper write about your content will also drum up interest in your business; you can even get them to link the article back to your website!
4. If your content is updated daily, you can start to produce a newsletter which you encourage visitors to sign up to. You can then use this information to send direct marketing mail to your prospect database, further to which you can split into various fields, a very valuable process. Providing a newsletter is a great way to inform your customer base of any potential deals or offers you may be running – and as such could increase sales.
5. Content marketing is merely a further way for you to communicate with your potential customers and highlight your knowledge and skill set. It will do no harm to your brand (as long as the information supplied is correct and not copied) and is just as easy for a small business to implement as it is large corporations. It has low cost overheads and the potential to increase sales if done correctly – not many marketing activities can provide this.
So there you have it, 5 reasons why ‘Utilising Your Web Content’ has the potential to increase sales. Be as original and unique as possible with your content and you will start to build a fan base which will grow over time – you never know, you too may decide to make content a central pillar in your marketing strategy, like Sainsbury’s.
Image Sourced from Magic Marker Icons